TOP TEN DRUGS THAT CAUSE KIDNEY DAMAGE: PLEASE SHARE FOR INFORMATION
Numerous prescription and over-the-counter drugs can damage your kidneys – the list is so long that we can write a book on it! However, we’ve made a list of the most dangerous drugs for your kidneys divided by types – take a look at it below.
- Antibiotics – sulfonamides, ciprofloxcacin, vancomycin and methicillin.
- Analgesics – acetaminophen and various NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen.
- COX-2 inhibitors – valdecoxib (brand name Bextra), rofecoxib (brand name Vioxx), celecoxib (brand name Celebrex).
- Heartburn medications – pantoprazole, rabeprazol, omeprazole, lansoprazole, esomeprazole.
- Antiviral drugs – acyclovir (brand name Zovirax), indinavir and tenofovir.
- High blood pressure medications – captopril (Capoten).
- Rheumatoid arthritis drugs – these drugs include infliximab as well as chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine which are used for systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Bipolar disorder medications – lithium.
- Anticonvulsants – phenytoin (Dilantin) and trimethadione.
- Chemotherapy drugs – carboplatin, pamidronate, cisplatin, interferons, tacrolimus, cyclosporine, mitomycin C, bevacizumab as well as propylthiouracil which is used to treat overactive thyroid