Important: Be Careful When Using Ginger! Here’s When You Should Not Consume It
Apart from its amazing health benefits, ginger can be a serious health threat when combined with anticoagulants, beta-blockers, and insulin-based drugs.
The medicinal properties of ginger are extremely beneficial for treatment of many diseases including:
- Relieving arthritic pain, i.e. alleviating muscle and bone pain,
- Boosting the immune system,
- Relieving the symptoms of nausea, migraine, and cough,
- Reducing digestive issues such as diarrhea, cramps, burping, constipation, and hemorrhoids
- Improving circulation and preventing the formation of blood clots),
- Lowering blood sugar and cholesterol,
- Preventing cancer cell growth,
- Removing toxins from the body, etc…
Due to its antiseptic properties, ginger has long been used for treatment of various health issues. It is generally considered a universal natural remedy because its health benefits can cure many conditions.
However, ginger treatment is not recommended for everyone. If you belong to any of these groups, you should avoid ginger as much as you can:
Ginger is abundant in powerful stimulants that can trigger premature labor. Pregnant women should avoid ginger at all costs especially in the last trimester of pregnancy.
People who want to put on weight
Ginger is known to be extremely beneficial for those who are trying to lose weight as it keeps you full longer and promotes fat burning. If you want to put on weight, ginger can only give you a counter effect, so you’d better avoid it.
People with blood disorders
Ginger improves circulation, which is generally beneficial, except for those suffering from blood disorders like hemophilia.
People who are on blood pressure and diabetes medications
Ginger can interact with medications, especially anticoagulants, beta-blockers and medications based on insulin. So, if you are on any medications for high blood pressure or diabetes, you must stay away from this plant as there’s a serious risk that it’ll inhibit the effects of your drugs.