6 REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO START DRINKING GINGER TEA AND HOW TO PREPARE IT THE RIGHT WAY
Chronic inflammation can pose a serious threat to your entire organism and can lead to a number of serious medical conditions. It’s been linked to cardiovascular disorders, diabetes, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, respiratory and autoimmune diseases.If you’re suffering from inflammation ginger tea is the best beverage for you. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties which shield your body from the abovementioned conditions and reduce the inflammation and pain in the joints and muscles.
2. Boost your immune system
Ginger is rich in a number of immune-boosting compounds like gingerols, and gingerdiol, which account for its antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. It strengthens your immune system, enabling your body to fight off infections and prevent colds and flu.
3. Improves digestion Among its many benefits we must include the ability to help with digestive problems and improve the digestive function overall. These benefits come from gingerols and shogaol which also increase nutrient absorption.Ginger can help with constipation, gastric lesions, bloating, nausea, vomiting, cramps and diarrhea, among others digestive problems.
4. Improves circulation If you’re suffering from high blood pressure and cholesterol ginger can help your blood flow return to normal by fighting these markers of cardiovascular disease. It can also cleanse the arteries from plaque buildup, preventing stroke and heart attack.
5. Fights cancer We already mentioned its strong anti-inflammatory powers which enable it to work against cancer cells, stopping their proliferation and metastasis. Studies have shown ginger to be effective against a number of cancer types such as lymphoma, liver, prostate, pancreas, lung, colorectal, breast, skin and bladder cancer.
6. Improves brain function Ginger protects the brain from stress, apoptosis and inflammation, improves memory function and cognition. It’s proven especially beneficial for middle aged women in improving their cognitive abilities.
How to make your own ginger tea?
It’s really easy to make ginger tea yourself and it’s way better than making the store-bought ones. Here’s how:
- Small ceramic saucepan
- 1 cup of water
- 4 to 6 thin slices of raw ginger
- Raw organic honey (to taste)
Start by bringing the water to boil and then add the ginger slices while you’re reducing the temperature. Leave it to simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Set it aside, leave it to cool off a bit and add the honey.